Canada's Leading Marijuana Consultants

Providing over ten years of cannabis industry expertise to your business

Retail, Wholesale Cannabis Distribution and Sales in Canada

How to get a retail license to sell marijuana in Alberta

Any person, business, corporation or organization can apply for a license to legally operate a business to produce, distribute or sell marijuana in Canada.

Alberta cannabis retail distribution and sales licensing

  • Alberta

An Act to Control and Regulate Cannabis would allow for two kinds of cannabis retail sales in Alberta: privately operated physical retail locations and government-operated online retail.

The Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission would be responsible for oversight of private retail, and details on licensing will be available early 2018.

Under the new legislation, the province of Alberta would:

  • Set the minimum age for purchase and use at 18.
  • Establish provincial offences for anyone under 18 who possesses five grams or less of cannabis.
  • Give AGLC the mandate to oversee distribution, compliance and enforcement of the cannabis retail system in Alberta.
  • Establish authority to set regulatory guidelines and licence requirements for private cannabis retailers.
  • Ban co-location of cannabis sales with alcohol, pharmaceuticals and tobacco sales.
  • Operate online cannabis sales.
  • Establish restrictions around where cannabis can be smoked and vaped in public.
  • Establish authority to further regulate advertising, labelling, and promotion of cannabis if required after federal regulations are established.

If you're interested in a commercial production or distribution license, contact us.

Contact us for details on licensing.


More on Canada's provincial and territorial cannabis retail distribution...


Interested in legally operating a cannabis business in Canada? Contact us here.


Please contact us if you'd like to find out about cannabis business and our consulting services.


How to get licensed to produce, distribute and sell cannabis legally in Canada.

If you require information, help with your application or consulting, please contact us.

If you want to start a legal commercial cannabis business in Canada, we can help you.


Need insurance for your ACMPR/MMPR facility, dispensary, club, MMAR?

Click here about lab testing for your medical cannabis product.

Legal cannabis business, industry and resource information here.




  Home    Privacy Policy    Disclaimer    Site Map    Contact 

2011 BCC Communications - All Rights Reserved